Job Title: Head of Enterprises & Resource Mobilization
The incumbent shall be responsible for spearheading fundraising, grant writing and general resource mobilization activities to enable the University’s fulfill its strategic objectives. In addition, s/he shall give oversight support and/or leadership to the existing Business Enterprises of the university.
• Education: an earned Doctor of Philosophy Degree in a relevant area from a recognized University.
• A minimum of 7 years’ relevant experience, 3 of which must have been in a similar managerial position;
• Experience in securing new and additional resources for an organization, preferably an academic institution;
• Demonstrated competence in administrative, financial and academic leadership in higher education or similar context;
• Demonstrated strong leadership skills that promote integrity, servant leadership, dedication, growth and excellence;
• A communicator with excellent ability to build strong relationships with partners and throughout the University community;
• A good understanding of the existing Government policies that guide finances, public/private partnership, human resource and procurement;
• A broad awareness of the factors and conditions that shape the development of higher education in Kenya and beyond;
• Understand, adhere to and uphold PAC University Statement of Faith.
Key Responsibilities for the Head of Resource Mobilization
• Developing, implementing and monitoring fundraising strategies, that includes yearly targets to meet the costs of the current and future strategic initiatives;
• Initiating and implementing income generating activities in the University;
• Approaching and raising funds from companies, trusts, partners/donors, Banks and foundations within Kenya and abroad;
• Conducting research on potential donors/partners such as trusts, foundations, companies and high net worth individuals, etc., finding a match with partners whose philanthropic or funding criteria match the University’s vision;
• Maintaining a network of University contacts and effectively managing and maximizing these relationships;
• Developing annual work plans based on the approved strategy and if needed, preparing income and expenditure budgets for each fundraising initiative;
• Advise the Vice-Chancellor and the Management Board on Resource Mobilization strategies and income generating strategies of the University;
• Writing proposals for funds and grants for the University.
• Developing and coordinating web-based fundraising, if needed;
• Organizing events for partnership building between implementers and potential partners;
• Ensuring all partners, the Board of Trustees, the University Council, and the Management Board receive appropriate and timely reports and updates;
• Oversee and give direction on the strategic initiatives of the University’s Business Enterprises mainly CBLC and the Guest houses for profitability;
• Sensitizing and training team members on fund raising and communications skills and strategy.
Thank you for visiting our website www.pacuniversity.ac.ke
Pan Africa Christian University is an equal opportunity employer and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Pan Africa Christian University | P.o Box 56875 – 00200, Nairobi | Kenya.
Call Centre +254205293034,
Main Campus: +254721932050, +254734400694
Valley Road Campus: +254202318203
Website: www.pacuniversity.ac.ke Facebook: www.facebook.com/pacuniversity and Twitter twitter.com/PacUniversity1.