Master of Educational LeadershipSeptember 10, 2022 2022-10-27 6:46
Master of Educational Leadership
The Master of Educational Leadership program is designed to prepare future leaders to foster an environment of accountability and high standards in educational settings by promoting strategic, servant, and value-based leadership. The program recognizes the significance of preparing educational leaders to be innovative change agents capable of making an impact in complex and dynamic educational environments in the twenty-first century and beyond. As a result, it equips prospective school leaders with the knowledge, skills, and competencies required to develop and improve their capabilities in communication, finance, budgeting, staffing, problem-solving, and, finally, e-leadership and learning.
At the end of the program, students should be able to:
- Articulate and integrate theoretical knowledge of educational leadership into practice and resolution of challenges within education contexts
- Relate personal and corporate challenges, to a world of shared power and multiple institutional levels;
- Demonstrate and articulate knowledge and skills in formation, direction, motivation and evaluation of individual and institutional activities in education contexts.
- Apply appropriate methodologies in research to address educational issues at the national and international levels
This program lasts 2.5 years and is taught full-time online and in a few face-to-face settings. It consists of coursework, practicum, and research courses delivered in a friendly, professional, and flexible learning environment.
Applicants with the following qualifications are eligible:
- A holder of a Bachelor’s Degree in Education or its equivalent from an accredited university (upper second-class honours or its equivalent and a minimum of 3.0 cumulative Grade Point Average);
- A holder of a Bachelor’s Degree with a least lower-class second-class division plus a relevant Postgraduate Diploma with at least a credit from a recognized institution of higher learning;
- A holder of a Bachelor’s Degree with at least a lower-class division plus at least two years of professional experience in the public or private sector and/or one year of experience in a leadership position, preferably within an education setting.
January, May, and September