Bachelor of Arts in Criminology & Security LeadershipNovember 15, 2021 2022-02-16 22:53
Bachelor of Arts in Criminology & Security Leadership
The phenomenon of globalization and other complex social issues are increasingly creating the need for better attention to security challenges that have become more prevalent in Kenya. These challenges include terrorism, which has become a global problem, international and trans-national crimes, money laundering, alcoholism and drug abuse, political violence, cybercrime, corruption, youth radicalization, etc. This calls for well-trained professionals who will not only be effective in crime prevention and security management but will also offer effective leadership in security and in the criminal justice system. Therefore, the BA Criminology and Security Leadership program aims at equipping learners with knowledge, skills, and competencies in crime prevention, crime investigation, criminal justice system, and security leadership. Above the professional skills, the BA program integrates impartation of Christian values in the learning process to develop Godly character in Security officers who will serve communities and the nation of Kenya and beyond wholeheartedly.
- To create awareness for the role and need of security officers in the achievement of Kenya Vision 2030, the Sustainable development goals for peaceful and sustainable communities, and equip them with professional skills.
- To equip students with servant leadership skills and Christian-related principles, ethics, and values as they engage in crime control and security leadership.
- To produce skilled graduates who are able to prevent crimes, conduct investigation intelligence gathering
- To empower students to conduct research on crime and security problems and find innovative solutions that will lead to peaceful coexistence in our communities.
The program plays an important role in producing professional security officers who will help in crime prevention and security management but will also offer effective leadership in security matters and in the criminal justice system. The Bachelor of Arts in Criminology and Security Leadership seeks to equip learners with the knowledge, skills, and competencies that will help them be effective in criminology and security leadership in Kenya and beyond. The program provides a broad knowledge base in crime prevention, security management, and leadership.
- Minimum of KCSE Grade C (Plus), or its equivalent;
- C Plain or C Minus with a relevant Diploma from a recognized institution.
Mode of Study
January, May, and September