Master of Business Administration (MBA)November 15, 2021 2022-09-10 19:45
Master of Business Administration (MBA)
The purpose of the MBA program is to prepare students with the necessary knowledge, skills, and attitudes that will make them fit in general management positions in business (for-profit and not-for-profit) organizations.
The MBA program produces graduates, who are well rounded and capable of running an organization in the modern economies, provide consultancy, and act as a link between theory and practice in core functional areas of management and in academia. MBA graduates should fit in different levels of management both middle and senior levels in upcoming, established national and transnational organizations in line with the economic development goals.
While the focus of the ‘traditional’ MBA program is on the development of administrative and managerial skills for organizational leaders, the PAC University MBA adds to that a dimension of business leadership skills that participants need to apply in their various areas of work. This is in line with the core business of PAC University which is, to develop leaders who are service-minded at all levels of society.
Through this program, PAC University aims at making a contribution to addressing the leadership challenge in Africa that has led to lost opportunities, the frustration of development efforts, and the waste of resources in various sectors. Our Christian distinctive, emphasis on leadership and ethics balanced with the traditional functional skills, will make the students’ experience really unique and prepare them for leadership and business in the global marketplace.
The MBA program courses are delivered with an intentionally applied emphasis. Consistent with learning by doing, course assignments are designed to enable students to apply course concepts in their current employment settings, thus demonstrating the value-added nature of the program to their employers.
The graduate of the PAC University MBA program should be able to:
- Formulate and implement policies and procedures in business functional areas.
- Conduct relevant research, monitoring, and evaluation for managerial decision-making.
- Manage contemporary problems and challenges in a modern and complex business environment.
- Conduct business practices within the acceptable legal and ethical framework.
- Design and implement strategic direction for any organization
Areas of specialization
- Strategic Management
- Human Resource Management
- Management Information Systems
- Be a holder of a Bachelor’s degree in any business-related discipline from a recognized university with at least upper second class or equivalent GPA Or;
- Be a holder of a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized university with at least lower second class and a diploma or professional qualification in Business from a recognized institution Or
- Be a holder of a Bachelor’s degree in a business-related discipline with a lower second class from a recognized university and at least two (2) years working experience Or;
- Be a holder of a Bachelor’s degree in any other discipline from a recognized university with at least lower second class with at least (3) year’s managerial experience
January, May, and September