Master of Arts in Children & Youth MinistryNovember 15, 2021 2021-11-27 4:36
Master of Arts in Children & Youth Ministry
The Master of Arts in Children and Youth Ministry (MCY) seeks to produce and prepare knowledgeable scholars and practitioners to better serve children and youth in the context of church and community. The program will equip students with practical knowledge that can immediately be applied in their ministry while making connections with other ministry leaders that will last a lifetime; thus able to provide servant leadership and relevantly communicate the message of scripture to children and youth.
The goal of the MCY programme is to develop children and youth workers who are sound in doctrine with godly character able to accurately interpret God’s word and apply it in contemporary contexts within the local church and in the wider society. By so doing it is envisaged that such children and youth workers will lead biblically-based conversations across the world since Africa is the host of over half of the population with young people today. One of the principal aims is to develop scholars who engage in original research and scholarship in children and youth ministry.
Expected Learning Outcomes
By the end of the MCY study programme, the student should be able to:
- Exhibit various interpretive tools in constructing the nature and theology of children and youth ministry.
- Apply a biblical framework to underpin their values, attitudes and aspirations through a biblical worldview for their own welfare, service to God, and to children and youth.
- Adapt theological responses to trends that affect children and youth ministry in Africa and beyond.
- Design biblically sound teaching and training resources for children and youth ministry for the Church and the larger community.
The programme shall admit students whose academic qualifications must satisfy the following minimum requirements:
- Direct entry: Be a holder of a Bachelor’s degree in Theology or related disciplines. He/she must have a minimum grade of C+ in the Kenya Certificate of Secondary Examination (KCSE) or an equivalent certificate with a minimum cumulative of C+ and a minimum of C in English or be a holder of a Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline and satisfy the prerequisite of an equivalent of a Post-graduate Diploma in Theology or related disciplines.
- Mature entry: Be a holder of a Diploma and a Higher Diploma Certificate in a relevant discipline, or their equivalents, from an institution recognized by the Ministry of Education and approved by the Commission for University Education (CUE) and a minimum of 3 years field experience in Christian ministry
January, May and September