PAC University is a chartered Private University in Kenya founded on strong Christian values. The University is committed to growing its capacity and create a competitive edge in higher education in Kenya and beyond, distinguishing itself by offering high quality, transformative and value-based education. It insists on having excellence in terms of facilities; efficiency in delivery of service; and good fit, available and committed staff with relevant qualifications and experience to drive the strategy of the University through its Vision and Mission.
Pan Africa Christian University, a Chartered Private University, is seeking to fill the positions outlined below from suitable candidates. Applicants must be born again Christians and active members of a local Church.
1. ) Job Title: Dean of Students
The Dean of Students shall be responsible for the non-curricular learning agenda aimed at developing student leadership and meeting the student welfare needs for the spiritual, physical and social development of the students.
- PhD degree in theology, education, philosophy, communication or a related field.
- At least 3 years of relevant working experience in student affairs division at the University level
- Must be a person of high integrity.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational and analytical skills.
- Understand and adhere to PAC University Statement of Faith.
Key Responsibilities for the Dean of Students
- Provide leadership in the Dean of Students Office in line with the doctrinal beliefs, vision, mission, and strategic focus of PAC University.
- Develop and present proposals for new student development program initiatives at the Management Committee and Senate.
- Provide overall coordination of both the local and international students welfare activities and the student discipline system on academic and non- academic matters.
- Develop strategies and provide overall administrative supervision of Student Affairs operations for Career Development and Internships programming and overall Student Development.
- Act as an ex-officio member of the University Students Council and also as the liaison between the University administration and the student council.
- Responsible for leadership development, advising and provision of institutional support for student council programming.
- Develop and maintain appropriate networks and collaboration with other Universities, churches and related organizations on issues and matters of mutual interest.
- Teach approved courses per term as may be required.
- Perform any other duties as may be defined and assigned by the Supervisor
2. ) Job Title: Deputy Vice Chancellor – Administration, Finance and Planning
For appointment to the position of the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Administration, Finance and Planning), a person shall:
- Be of the rank of a Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor/Professor and a holder of an earned Doctorate degree or equivalent qualification from a university recognized in Kenya;
- • Be of the rank of a Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor/Professor and a holder of an earned Doctorate degree or equivalent qualification from a university recognized in Kenya;
• Have thorough knowledge of the structural, legislative and regulatory framework for administering University education in Kenya;
• Have at least five years hands-on experience at a senior level in a University or equivalent institution with demonstrable leadership and management capacity;
• Have experience and thorough knowledge of financial management and human resource management;
• Have demonstrable experience in development and implementation of university policies and guidelines in procurement, finance, administration, human resource and planning.
• Be an accomplished scholar with proven track record in research and publications in peer reviewed journals, monographs and books;
• Have experience in designing and managing academic programs, supervising and mentoring Masters and PhD students;
• Have demonstrate experience in coordinating the activities of business units;
• Have sufficient experience in networking, fundraising and resource mobilization;
• Have demonstrable experience in transformative and strategic leadership;
• Have demonstrable growth in the entity s/he is now leading; and demonstrable evidence of having been a great team player at senior management level, preferably within a university set up.
• Understand and adhere to PAC University Statement of Faith.
The following core competencies and skills will be required for the position of the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Administration, Finance and Planning):
- • Planning and implementing projects;
• Financial analysis skills;
• Being a visionary and results oriented thinker;
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills;
• Ability to integrate Christian faith/principles in leadership;
• Capacity to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines; and
• Firm, fair and with transparent management style.
As per the Charter and Statutes of the Pan Africa Christian University, the duties and responsibilities of the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Finance, Planning and Development) shall be:
- Management of Finance, Assets and Development Plans;
- In charge of designing, modeling and managing long-term financial and physical plans;
- In charge of optimal utilization and investments of the University’s finances and assets;
- In charge of annual budgeting, planning, monitoring and management strategies;
- Oversee the maintenance of the University buildings and property including furniture, equipment, etc., and all other property of the University.
- Monitor and ensure that all security measures for the University are adequate.
- Responsible for provision of accurate and current financial information to support decision making;
- Shall be responsible for appropriate Finance and administration Management Policies and procedures in conformity with the relevant laws guidelines and frameworks in Kenya;
- Carry out such other duties and responsibilities as may be delegated by the Vice Chancellor in a quest to drive the vision and mission of the Pan Africa Christian University.
The Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Administration, Finance and Planning) shall hold office for a duration of five years with the possibility of one time renewal for another term of similar years subject to a positive appraisal by the University Council.
Thank you for visiting our website www.pacuniversity.ac.ke
- Each application shall be accompanied by a detailed Curriculum Vitae, Copies of Relevant Academic and Professional Certificates, National Identity Card or Passport, 3 letters of reference, and other relevant supporting documents.
- The applications MUST be received on or before 15th November 2018 at 17.00hrs
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Pan Africa Christian University is an equal opportunity employer. Women, the marginalized and persons living with disability are encouraged to apply. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.