PAC University is committed to providing the highest quality of education. The university has established an Internal Quality Assurance mechanism led by senior management appointees. Dr. Ciriaka Gitonga assisted by Mr. Daniel Mulinge Nthenge are responsible to developing and designing quality assurance mechanisms and overseeing the implementation in coordination with the respective heads of departments across the university.
The Quality Assurance Directorate, PAC University is responsible for ensuring all awards are consistent and comparable in standard to similar academic awards granted throughout the Kenya. Our internal quality assurance and standards procedures to achieve this through the quality assurance procedures are based on the notion of a self-critical community, where staff are actively engaged in ensuring and improving the quality of programmes offered within the University. External quality assurance mechanisms also check on the quality and standards of the University’s academic provision within the provision of Commission for University Education in Kenya.
The University Directorate of Quality Assurance serve to inform and satisfy the Academic Committee of the Council that the quality and standards of its taught courses and programmes are secure. The PAC University quality standards are clearly stipulated in:
a) Academic Quality Assurance Handbook (QAH)
b) Academic Policy for Taught Awards,
c) The Quality Assurance Policy Guidelines
Our Internal quality assurance mechanisms in ensure that all:-
• All academic programmes and courses within are subject to formal approval, systematic monitoring, and periodic review;
• Any changes of the academic program must first be authorised, i.e. approved in principle through the academic development planning process;
• Regular monitoring of all approved provision, and
• Periodic review of programmes, seek to assure and enhance the quality of student learning opportunities and experience, and the standard of outcomes achieved;
Who is involved in Quality assurance at PAC?
1. Within each Faculty, Heads of Department have overall responsibility for the quality and standards of their Department's provision.
2. Faculty Boards membership drawn from departments are accountable to Senate for the quality of the academic provision within their Faculties, through their Faculty Academic Quality and Standards Committees (FASCs), which may have quality-related sub- committees to deal with operational aspects of quality and standards.
3. At University level, the Academic Quality and Standards Committee (AQSC) has oversight of quality assurance and enhancement across the University. This Committee oversees the University’s established procedures for the approval, monitoring and review of academic provision and is supported, where necessary, by one or more sub-committees and short-life task groups.
4. The Quality Assurance Unit (AQU), which is a part of the Vice-Chancellor’s Office, supports the University’s oversight of its quality assurance systems and procedures and its development of learning- and quality-related strategy and policy; advises and supports the Faculties in their quality assurance activities; works with the Academic Programs Development Committee and the Faculties to support quality enhancement; manages approval and review activity, and liaises with external quality agencies.
5. The Quality Assurance Directorate develops and monitors the outcomes of key functions of the University’s internal quality assurance systems such as programme approval, programme review, external examining) and manages its external quality assurance relationships with a number of agencies, most notably the Commission for University Education (CUE).
Services offered at the Directorate of Quality Assurance
i. Developing and updating Quality Assurance system to continuously evaluate the learning, research and community engagement;
ii. Running regular training workshops and trainings to ensure teaching staff are equipped with the requisite skills in QA;
iii. Providing a forum for self-evaluation by departments within the university and ensuring a follow up on all evaluations;
iv. Regularly carrying out studies to determine the quality of the University’s graduates in the industry; and
v. Keeping up-to-date documentation of records and data related to QA.
vi. Technical Support in the development of New Degree Programs
Pan Africa Christian University | P.o Box 56875 – 00200, Nairobi | Kenya.
Call Centre +254786588800
Main Campus: +254721932050, +254734400694
Valley Road Campus: +254717400694
Website: www.pacuniversity.ac.ke Facebook: www.facebook.com/pacuniversity and Twitter twitter.com/PacUniversity1.