CALL FOR PARTICIPATION IN A MULTI-COUNTRY STUDY ON THE PSYCHOSOCIAL DIMENSIONS OF THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC AMONG UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS IN AFRICA
Dear Prospective Participant:
You are being invited to consider participating in a study that involves research on COVID-19 and psychosocial wellbeing of undergraduate students in five African countries ( Kenya, Botswana, Ghana, Sierra Leone, Tanzania and Kenya). The aim and purpose of this research study is to understand the psychosocial dimensions of the COVID-19 pandemic among undergraduate students. The study is expected to enroll all available undergraduate students currently registered at PAC University. It will involve the completion of an online survey questionnaire that will take only 25-30 minutes of your time to complete. There are no direct (financial and/or material) benefits from participating in the research but we hope that the study will increase our understanding about the psychosocial wellbeing of undergraduate students during the COVID-19 pandemic so that targeted and appropriate psychosocial support could be provided to the most vulnerable undergraduate students in the five countries.
Please note that:
- Your anonymity is guaranteed, as none of your personal identification information will be collected and your individual responses will not be linked back to you.
- Any information provided by you will not/cannot be used against you, and all information collected will be used for purposes of this research only
- All information collected will be digitally secured and password coded. Only the research team will have access to the data and it will be destroyed five years after completion of the research study
- You are free to withdraw at any time from the research study. There are no personal consequences/penalties for withdrawal from this study.
- Your participation will be purely voluntary and there are no direct financial and material benefits for your participation in this research study
- This research study has been ethically reviewed and approved by the research ethics committee of Kenyan National Commission for Science, Technology and Innovation (NACOSTI). Research License No: NACOSTI/P/20/6846
Please click on the following link to participate in the study: https://forms.gle/uFHoy623QaZDRYaw8
In the event of any problems or concerns/questions related to the study, please contact the Country Principal Investigator:
Dr. Margaret K. Mwenje