SCHOOL OF HUMANITIES & SOCIAL SCIENCES
Word from the Dean, Dr. Margaret Mwenje
Social Science is a major category of academic disciplines concerned with society and the relationships among individuals in a society. The SHSS at Pan Africa Christian University houses the department of Psychology, Communication, Languages & Linguistics, and Community Development.
The school runs academic programs from certificate to PhD. All our undergraduate and graduate programs are approved by the Commission for University Education (CUE) in Kenya.
The school also hosts unique graduate programs in Marriage and Family Therapy (MFT) under the department of Psychology that have been accredited and commended by CUE and are also accredited by the International Family Therapy Association (IFTA) in the United States of America.
State of the art counselling clinical labs and communication studios are a hallmark of the SHSS. The SHSS aims to expand the horizon of knowledge through teaching and research that creates awareness and enhances skills related to humanities and social sciences.
The School of Humanities & Social Sciences has the following departments:
Department of Psychology
- PhD in Marriage and Family Therapy
- Master of Arts in Marriage and Family Therapy
- Bachelor of Arts in Counselling Psychology
- Diploma in Counselling
- Certificate in Counselling
Department of Communication, Languages & Linguistics
- Bachelor of Arts in Communication
- Diploma in Communication
- Diploma in Chinese Language
- Certificate in Situational Chinese
Department of Community Development
- Bachelor of Arts in Community Development
- Diploma in Community Development