Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com)
The purpose of the Pan Africa Christian University Bachelor of Commerce degree is to develop positive, goal-oriented practitioners: persons with the ability to evaluate business and management issues from the ethical, professional, and academic perspectives and apply their knowledge, skills, and values to impact the market place in dynamic and salutary ways.
The goal of this degree program is to produce highly qualified and competent professionals who have the requisite skills and values to serve the needs of the large industrial concerns, the small and medium enterprises (SMEs), the public sector, as well as, nongovernmental organizations.
- To develop an understanding of the general issues and approaches to business and management.
- To enhance self-confidence and the ability to critically evaluate business and management issues and develop solutions from the moral, professional and the academic perspectives.
- To instill a problem-solving attitude and business ethics in the practice of management.
- To prepare the candidates for progression to higher levels of study.
The degree program aims at instilling a critical and integrated understanding of the world of business, with a firm grounding in ICT and e-commerce as driving forces of 21st Century business enterprises. It is expected to enhance students’ self confidence and the ability to critically evaluate business and management issues and develop solutions from ethical, professional, as well as, academic perspectives. This will be achieved through the development of theoretical and technical understanding of concepts and practices in six (6) key business areas including: Accounting, Finance, Marketing, Human Resources Management, Entrepreneurship, and Purchasing and Supplies Management
A candidate must satisfy any of the following minimum requirements:
- KCSE (or equivalent examination) certificate with a minimum aggregate of C+ and a minimum of C in both Mathematics and English Or;
- KACE certificate with a minimum of two principal passes and one subsidiary pass, and a minimum of a credit pass in Mathematics at KCE Or;
- Diploma or professional certificate in a relevant discipline from an institution recognized by the Academic Council of the university Or;
- Any other qualification accepted by the University Senate as equivalent to any of the above.
January, May and September