Master of Divinity
The Master of Divinity programme seeks to produce biblically and theologically sound pastors and church leaders, who are contextually relevant, through appropriate spiritual formation and supervised field placement and mentoring. The programme is designed to inculcate critical and creative thinking skills for value-based leadership while addressing contemporary African realities. The programme ensures rigorous and wide ranging preparation for ministry that allows individuals to explore their interest and develop their own theological persuasions informed by Pentecostal tradition as well as historical Christian Orthodoxy.
The Master of Divinity is in three tracks namely:
a) Biblica Studies
b) Cross-Cultural Mission
c) Public Theology
This program seeks to develop pastors and Christian leaders in their personal faith, moral integrity, and social concern and in understanding of their place in the community of faith. The programme also aims to deepen their understanding of the cultural realities and social settings with a view to building their capacity for relevant Christian ministry practice.
Expected Learning Outcomes
- By the end of the programme in Master of Divinity, the student should be able to:
- Effectively utilize various interpretive tools in analysing scripture.
- Respond critically to current theological debates.
- Develop biblically sound teaching and training resources for the Church and community.
- Integrate biblical knowledge and principles in solving contextual issues.
- Model transformative biblical leadership for ordained functions and community transformation and many more!
The programme shall admit students whose academic qualifications must satisfy the following minimum requirements:
- Direct Entry: Be a holder of a bachelor’s degree in theology or related disciplines. He/she must have a minimum grade of C+ in the Kenya Certificate of Secondary Examination (KCSE) or an equivalent certificate with a minimum cumulative of C+ and a minimum of C in English or; Be a holder of a Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline and satisfy the pre-requisite of an equivalent of a post-graduate diploma in theology or related disciplines.
- Mature Entry: Be a holder of a diploma and a higher diploma certificate in a relevant discipline, or their equivalents, from an institution recognized by the Ministry of Education and approved by CUE and a minimum of 3 years field experience in Christian ministry.
January, May and September