Master of Arts in Counselling Psychology
The Master of Arts in Counselling Psychology Program seeks to promote the continuing professional development of learners who are committed to service in the area of counseling psychology. The program is committed to preparing counseling professionals by equipping them with knowledge, skills, and competences that enable them to help clients struggling with addictions, mental disorders, behavioral problems, loss, grief & trauma among others
Expected Learning Outcomes of the program
By the end of the program the learner should be able to:
- Demonstrate and articulate an understanding of professional identity as counseling psychologists.
- Apply clinical competence in systemic assessment and diagnosis, treatment of addictions, and other disorders.
- Articulate personal awareness, theoretical knowledge, and clinical skills needed to engage in multi-cultural counseling and advocacy.
- Apply relevant research and evaluation methods in the practice of counseling psychology.
- Analyze policies, interventions, and/or modes of advocacy in counselling psychology.
The Program shall be completed within a minimum of three academic years on full-time basis. Learners will be expected to do Coursework, Practicum, and Research.
Learners with the following qualifications shall be eligible for admission for Master of Arts in Counseling Psychology: -
- A holder of a Bachelor’s degree in Counseling Psychology - with Second Class (Hons) Upper Division from Pan Africa Christian University or a university recognized by Pan Africa Christian University Senate in education, sociology, community dev. Or any other social science
- A holder of a Bachelor’s degree, with second class lower division from Pan Africa Christian University or a recognized university by the Pan Africa Christian University Senate in a relevant field and a Postgraduate Diploma in counseling psychology, or its equivalent, with at least a credit level pass.
- A holder of a Bachelor’s degree, with a second class lower division from Pan Africa Christian University or from a recognized university by the Pan Africa Christian University Senate in relevant disciplines, plus at least two years of relevant professional experience in either private or public sector.
January, May, and September